Friday, June 13, 2008

Grapefruit Diet


Contrary to my last attempt at making my own cocktail using Campari, this one actually tastes pretty good. This drink came about because I wanted an Americano and I was out of soda water, so I substituted the Cointreau and made it a short drink instead. The bitter orange flavor of the Cointreau blends well with the Campari, to make something that tastes like... you guessed it - grapefruit. Voila:
  • 1.5 measures gin
  • 0.5 measures Campari
  • 0.5 measures Cointreau
Mix ingredients over ice in a lowball or rocks glass, stir a few times, and enjoy.

1 comment:

Paige said...

You know, Senor Donaldson, I have been checking back, wanting another post, only to be left unquenched.

I'm going to brewery tomorrow morning, hopefully it would provide funny stories.