Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Quebec Cocktail


My most dedicated (only?) reader pointed out that I had not posted in awhile, so here goes. This is something I tried today, actually, at Seven Saints. Today being a Wednesday, they had their usual whiskey Wednesdays going on, and this week was Canadian Whiskey. I'd never actually heard of this cocktail before, but it was on the Canadian whiskey menu and looked good so I decided to give it a try. My first impression was BITTERS - the orange bitters stand out in this drink. Although I've never tried maraschino before, I tasted a hint of cherry-almond flavor, and I'm guessing that's what it was. The whiskey is there too, of course. A pretty solid cocktail, certainly not for the sweet-toothed among us, but not bold enough to deter the average drinker, in my opinion.
  • 2 measures Canadian Whiskey (Crown Royal was in mine)
  • 1/2 measure dry vermouth
  • dash Orange Bitters
  • dash Maraschino Liqueur

Stir all ingredients with ice and serve on the rocks in a short tumbler.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

UR A ALKOHOLIK

LOL JK

Paige said...

I like Crown, and Whiskey Wednesdays. This is very similar to an Old Fashioned... which I love. I guess in the OF, the sugar cuts the amount of bitters making it a more wide appealing drink. I will have to check this out, though. Thanks! :)